Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Art of De Cluttering


I am on a mission to thin out the 'stuff' that is in my house. My husband and I are both pack rats by nature. We will hold onto items anticipating the need for just that item in the 'near future'. However, there are large items in my small house that have been waiting 10+ years for just that particular need to surface. Enough! Not only have I declared a moratorium on accepting new stuff to add to the collection I am now actively thinning out the existing pile.

But what to do with it?! The one options is to simply drag it to the front curb on the next junk day and to be transported to landfill. Unfortunately I am too environmentally conscious to see this as a solution instead of merely compounding the problem.

Furthermore, most of this stuff is 'good stuff' that quite conceivably others could use. After all, that is why we saved it in the first place. With this in mind, really what I am trying to do is to find new homes for the stuff, not just 'throw it out'.


Here are a couple of my favourite places that can help find new homes for stuff [please note, this is not a complete list]:


Not only will donating your stuff to organizations such as these help to declutter your living space with out filling up the land fill, but others can directly and immediately benefit from your stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home